This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Monday, December 21, 2009

MPM

Hoping this menu plan will keep me fed during the hardest week of the year. Not only will I grieve my family and the holiday, but the delicious meals we usually made. Wish me luck.

Monday - Popeye Pasta
Tuesday - "Coke" Chicken, Rice & Carrots
Wednesday- Stirfried Rice with shrimp (using leftover rice), spring rolls and possibly something else, undecided.
Thursday - Homemade Pizza
Friday - Rosemary Chicken, Homemade Fries and Carrots
Saturday - Spaghetti Squash and Farmers Sausage
Sunday - Beef Stew


I am also looking for your favorite potato soup recipes and more ideas for OAMC (once a month cooking). Help a girl out, will ya?

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Your menu sounds yummy. Especially the Spaghetti Squash and Farmers Sausage,

Brian Miller said...

and home made potato soup...sounds warm and yummy in all this snow!

Unknown said...

You have a delicious menu planned!
Here’s wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

ps Please stop by my blog and leave a comment to "Do you still read the newspaper?"

Allison said...

I know you are trying to avoid all things holidays, but you are more than welcome to join my family for dinner on Friday night. We'll be playing games and eating way too much food.

Txt me if you want to come, we'll pick you up around 3 or 4 pm, you can drink too much with me and my sister and we'll drive you home later.

Lemme know, OK?

Victoria said...

Saying a little prayer for you!
Merry Christmas from the heart.

Leslie said...

Not sure what Popeye Pasta is. But I am pretty sure I want some! It all sounds good to me.

I'll be thinking of you this week. I'm sure it's not easy. You seem to be trying to keeping yourself busy though, which is a good thing.

And saw you over on Twitter. So I'm kept in the fridge huh? I am feeling a bit...

C H I L L Y!

Hahaha!

Oonie said...

Thinking of you this week, praying for strength for you. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. I make a killer bacon potato corn chowder:

Cook up 8 pieces cut up bacon in a big pot for 5 minutes.

Add in:
about 6 small red potatoes, washed and cut up into bite sized pieces.
1/2 onion cut up small
garlic if wanted.
Let cook 15-20 minutes

Add in:
1 can drained canned corn
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of cheddar cheese soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cup milk
chicken broth to consistency of your choice

boil and then bring to simmer for 30 minutes.

SOOOO good.

Keli said...

yumm potato soup! my favorite!

http://savingthosedollars.blogspot.com/2009/11/meal-plan-monday-1129-125.html

you'll have to try it out!

saying a [few] prayers for you. hang in there.

Sarah Coggins said...

Wish I lived closer so I could drop in. Your menus always sound delicious. :) Thinking of you. ((HUGS))

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Hey girlie,

I just want you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for you as you go through this very difficult time of the year. I know I can not even begin to imagine how hard this is for you. I'm so sorry you are hurting.

If you have any special prayer requests, please do not hesitate for one moment to send them my way! It would be my HONOR to pray for you, my friend.

Now, on to your question. You asked in your comment today if I could give you the link to the article I posted today. Well, here is the link to the article where I have had it saved:

http://www.restministries.org/articles/art-behindrudolph.htm

Also, it is important to note that this article was reprinted from a newsletter article that was initially printed in December 2000 entitled 'And He Will Give You Rest' by the same author.

I hope this helps and I also hope and pray that you have a blessed Christmas.

Thinking of you,

Teresa <><

Karen said...

Thinking of you Ter and how hard the holidays must be without your sweet husband and daughter. If you ever want to come join us out here in BC you'd be more than welcome (and free to talk about your loved ones). I will find some of my favourite recipes. Are you veggie? xo