You may recall THIS POST where I introduced you to Patches the Bear.
He is about to embark on his journey to patch up hearts that were broken by pregnancy or infant loss.
How it will work:
- He will travel from October 15, 2009 - October 15, 2010. Although, he may change his mind and decide to travel forever. :)
- He will be sent from one Blogger to another. Each blogger who gets him will take a photo (or many photos) of his "traveling adventure" ... the photos can be of the blogger holding him, or the bear with something that meaningful .. that reminds you of your baby/babies... Their headstones or a photo of them or whatever you feel comfortable taking a photo of. It is recommended, however, that you blur out any last names from photos for privacy and safety reasons.
- Each blogger will send the photos via email to me, along with description of photo and/or a story told by the bear and /or a letter to Bear from them.
- Bloggers must send me a link to their blogs. Bloggers may post about him on their own blogs but must send me the link to that post. Bloggers must send me a link to their blog whether or not they post a post about the bear. The reason for this is so that when I post about the bear's adventures, I can link to your blog.
- Each blogger will keep him for no more than 1 week, and then pass him along to the next blogger.
- Each blogger, should they choose, may send their own personal cards or other items to the next blogger to keep. The bear, however, must continue to travel.
- The bear is no bigger than my palm, so should not cost too much to mail around. However, due to cost of international shipping, the bear will only be traveling in Canada and the US.
- Every so often, I will post an update on the bear's travels, with the photos/stories I receive via email.
Who will get the bear?
- You must be a blogger.
- You must be a bereaved parent via pregnancy or infant loss
- You must live in either Canada or the US.
- You must be willing to mail the bear to another blogger after your visit.
- You must love bears.
How do I sign up?
Using the form below, add your name (using your blog as a link). When you get the bear, you are responsible to contact the person directly below your name. If you, for some reason, are unable to contact that person, move on to the next person on the list. (Since YaYa helped me come up with this idea, Patches is on his way to visit her. The first person on this list will be contacted by YaYa, and then that person will contact the second person, and so forth)
Any further changes will be posted.
If you are participating in this, please feel free to link this post in your blog and invite other bereaved parents to join.
Currently, I have the linky set for one month. But should we have even more participants interested after that, I will create a second linky.
Hope I've covered everything here...
Safe travels, Patches the bear! Enjoy your journey!