This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Patches the Bear Wants To Visit You! (updated !!!)

(update: Patches now has his own blog..... Click HERE to see his travels and to sign up for him...)



You may recall THIS POST where I introduced you to Patches the Bear.

He is about to embark on his journey to patch up hearts that were broken by pregnancy or infant loss.

How it will work:

  • He will travel from October 15, 2009 - October 15, 2010. Although, he may change his mind and decide to travel forever. :)
  • He will be sent from one Blogger to another. Each blogger who gets him will take a photo (or many photos) of his "traveling adventure" ... the photos can be of the blogger holding him, or the bear with something that meaningful .. that reminds you of your baby/babies... Their headstones or a photo of them or whatever you feel comfortable taking a photo of. It is recommended, however, that you blur out any last names from photos for privacy and safety reasons.
  • Each blogger will send the photos via email to me, along with description of photo and/or a story told by the bear and /or a letter to Bear from them.
  • Bloggers must send me a link to their blogs. Bloggers may post about him on their own blogs but must send me the link to that post. Bloggers must send me a link to their blog whether or not they post a post about the bear. The reason for this is so that when I post about the bear's adventures, I can link to your blog.
  • Each blogger will keep him for no more than 1 week, and then pass him along to the next blogger.
  • Each blogger, should they choose, may send their own personal cards or other items to the next blogger to keep. The bear, however, must continue to travel.
  • The bear is no bigger than my palm, so should not cost too much to mail around. However, due to cost of international shipping, the bear will only be traveling in Canada and the US.
  • Every so often, I will post an update on the bear's travels, with the photos/stories I receive via email.

Who will get the bear?

  • You must be a blogger.
  • You must be a bereaved parent via pregnancy or infant loss
  • You must live in either Canada or the US.
  • You must be willing to mail the bear to another blogger after your visit.
  • You must love bears.

How do I sign up?

Using the form below, add your name (using your blog as a link). When you get the bear, you are responsible to contact the person directly below your name. If you, for some reason, are unable to contact that person, move on to the next person on the list. (Since YaYa helped me come up with this idea, Patches is on his way to visit her. The first person on this list will be contacted by YaYa, and then that person will contact the second person, and so forth)





Any further changes will be posted.

If you are participating in this, please feel free to link this post in your blog and invite other bereaved parents to join.

Currently, I have the linky set for one month. But should we have even more participants interested after that, I will create a second linky.

Hope I've covered everything here...

Safe travels, Patches the bear! Enjoy your journey!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

this looks very fun!! you have some good ideas!

Laura said...

I will definitely be signing up but don't want to be the first right now... I won't be able to drive for a couple weeks and would love to take him to the memory garden where babies in our community are remembered! I love love love this though! I will be back!!! (Here I haven't been checking blogs lately- and I'm actually one of the first to check this one...)
:-)
Hugs-
Laura

Anonymous said...

Great. I was gonna link but figured I shouldn't.

Karen said...

What a lovely idea! Will sign up but not this second - have only a few minutes online.

Mike said...

What a great thing to do!!! I am so impressed!

Unknown said...

I love it TER and I can't wait for him to come!!!

Mango Girl said...

Otin told me about you. My heart goes out to you.... I wrap you in peace, light and blessings as well as many HUGS!!!!!

I too lost a baby.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX,
Mango

Unknown said...

This is a great idea! I haven't had a loss, but if you decide bear needs a spot to go I have access to a baby, lol. My daughter has PCOS and we weren't sure she would be able to have children - I feared I would never see grandchildren with my health problems - yet I now have 3 grandchildren and my daughter has given me two of them. :)

Sarah Coggins said...

What a wonderful idea, Ter! It will be fun to see where his journey takes him. I'm sure Patches will bring smiles to many along the way. :)

4 Lettre Words said...

Such a beautiful idea!

April said...

Let me know when the McLinky gets back open :)