This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Putting Treats in the Kong


(to see other WFMW tips, click the above banner)

Emma loves her Kong. We started off with a puppy one but now she has graduated to an adult dog one. For those who don't know what a Kong is, here's a photo:



You fill the Kong up with treats and it keeps the dog busy for a while. The problem lies in getting the treats IN the Kong in the first place! You have to squeeze it and push in the treat at the same time. Sometimes it took longer to put the cookie in than it did for Emma to take it out. Drove me crazy!

Well, recently Emma's was covered in dog hair so I went to wash it off before I put in a treat and I discovered that it slid right in! So, from then on, I wet it around the entry and the cookies slide right in!! That WORKS FOR ME!

9 comments:

Jeni said...

Something to try in the summer - fill the center section with a premium canned food, and stick it in the freezer - a Pupsicle! I used to have a big dog that LOVED her Pupsicle, and it would keep her busy for quite a long time!

Niki Jolene said...

I'll have to try this next time we load up our Maltese's...it is tough!

:)

Thanks for sharing!

Dawn said...

When we adopted Spot from the Humane Society he brought his Kong with him. He loves it, and it's about the only toy he can't destroy. Something I do to keep him busy for a while is fill the inside with peanut butter. Of course, when I do that he has to play with it outside because I don't want him making a huge mess in the house.

Jen Sue Wild said...

This is kinda cool. Do the makethemfor hubbys?

lisa h. said...

i'll have to try this. i usually just fill it with peanut butter since it's easier.

Miche said...

I will have to give this a try! It has always been a pain to put treats in Eddies Kong. Thanks for the tip and thanks for stopping by my blog! Sign language has been so great for us I can't wait to teach our next son (due in july). Take care!

Totallyscrappy said...

I don't even have a dog, but filling that thing with a treat must be hours of entertainment!!

crystal wolf said...

What I good tip, I'll have to remember it. We hated trying to squish treats in so we always just use the spray cheese.
Crystal

Anonymous said...

My dog never liked the Kong...even with treats inside. He's weird. So one of his doggie friends (my SIL's dog)took stole it one day she came over. He never missed it.