This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday



Rocks in My Dryer hosts "Works For Me Wednesday". This week WFMW is "backwards" ... instead of giving a tip, we are requesting them. I thought that would make this week a good time to officially join WFMW.

I could probably come up with many questions, but I'll only post one.

What "natural" cleaning products can I use to clean my house? I know that I could use Water and Vinegar as a windex but what is the ratio of water vs. vinegar? What works well on floors (both hardwood and regular floors) ? If I can use natural products that would be great as it would not only save money but no chemicals! :)

(p.s. I can't seem to comment on TypePad blogs.... so if you're a TypePad blogger, I appologize that I won't be able to respond. If you could contact the TypePad support to find out why some people can't comment, let me know. Thanks in advance! :)

7 comments:

Crafty P said...

baking soda is my best friend. I love it! cleans the bathtub so well! I add it into the washer at times as well.

Borax is also a great product to have on hand. I have a recipe that i found online for cleaning ceramic tile floors that uses some borax and other simple things.

I know a lot of people love castille soap as well. I have a bottle but have yet to use it!

I'm also a fan of water/vinegar to clean my windows!

Debs said...

An online friend of mine has a buisness that makes natural cleaners. I hope you don't mind if I leave you the link to her website.
http://www.barefoothomeessentials.com/

Anonymous said...

I use vinegar and water--a 50/50 mix in a designated spray bottle (labeled).

Baking soda I will use once in a while.

I really like Charlie's Soap. It is pretty green and has SO many uses. I use the general cleaner.

Ter said...

thanks for your comments everyone :)

Anna said...

There are loads of uses for vinegar http://www.vinegartips.com/cleaning/

Also I make my own bench cleaner - make a strong tea by boiling mint and rosmary in water for a few minutes. Let it cool and strain. Pour into a spray bottle and add several drops each of tea tree oil and lavender oil (both natural antibaterials) a squirt of dishwashing liquid and a splash of vinegar. It smells so much nicer than chemical cleaners.

Ter said...

Thanks Anna! I tried to go to your blog to make a comment but it wouldn't come up. I'll try again later. :)

jen said...

I use Murphy's Oil Soap on our hard wood floors. It is great! I don't know if it's actually a green cleaner, but it doesn't have the chemical smell of other cleaners and it says it's biodegradable and phosphate free. And one bottle lasts forever even though we have a LOT of wood floor in our house - considering that, I'm pretty sure it's cost effective! (I may use it a bit more diluted than the instructions call for, but it's always plenty sudsy and cleans great with no residue!)