- I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...
The Poem That Inspired My Blog's Subtitle
Bear and Babybear
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Result of Day 1. see post HERE.
Day 2 was totally unsuccessful. All I did was marinade 4 chicken breasts and made 1 batch of hummus which I split into 2 bags.
I still have 10 chicken breasts left to do something with but I can't decide what as well as a pkg of hamburger.
I have tons of chicken that is plain, not marinaded or anything in my freezer so I really don't want to throw them in plain, but I think I will have to if I can't decide what to do with them. Everything I 've thought of would require me to go back to the store and I'm really not up to doing that.
I should not have bought that pkg of chicken when I really didn't need it. I'm regretting the decision terribly.
Tomorrow is my birthday, and I really didn't want to do anymore work in the kitchen but it looks like I will have to. I can't leave the chicken in the fridge much longer.
If anyone has suggestions as to what I can do with the chicken, please let me know. I really don't want to have to go to the store.
What I learned today:
* I really need to be more organized and prepared.
* I will not split it over 2 days again, but should I have to, I'll take a day off in between.
* Was reminded how alone I am.
* No amount of coke will keep me awake when I'm exhausted.
All I can say is that, I better not have any days where I can't decide what to have for supper, after all this. Even though, technically, I didn't make much.