This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Fragments: Sleepy

Welcome to another edition of Friday Fragments.

**********

After a busy week last week, with a funeral and a wedding to attend and lots of driving, I've been so POOPED this week. It's difficult to muster up some energy!

**********

I had to take Emma to the funeral with me. I didn't have time to drop her off anywhere! It was a graveside funeral, so I was able to see her from the gravesite the whole time. I left her in the car with the windows rolled part way down. She cried the whole time! Tried to get out through the window, but couldn't get more than her head and paw out. When I looked back at the car, I nearly burst out laughing because she looked so silly. Oh, that doggie, she makes me smile in the worst of times.

**********

The gravesite was atop a hill with a beautiful view of the lake below (the same lake my brother got married just a few days later!) .

**********

As promised, I am embarrassing myself by showing you a photo of me in the dress at the wedding. (It's the only photo I have of myself - I stayed behind the camera for the most part - not sure if anyone else got a photo of me but let's hope not.)

Please ignore the fatty fat.



(You could click the picture to make it bigger, but I don't recommend it)

(It looked better on the hanger, don't you think?)

(and omg, I look like my mother. eeek! that's really scary!)

**********
I made my very first Stampin' Up! order this week! Very exciting! A bit expensive, but I gave in because I couldn't find any similar supplies anywhere!

I ordered this



and this



I bought them because I've been "hired" to do a project which I'll tell you about at a later date!

**********

A few weeks ago I bought a hand-held blender at a yardsale for $2. It looked like it had never been taken out of the box! It came with a mixing cup with a lid and a stand to hang the blender up on the wall. Pretty good for $2, eh?

The best part is it works better than my full size blender! I say this because I made a smoothie and it crushed my partly frozen strawberries with ease, whereas with my full size blender, they always got stuck and barely crushed at all! I also made some salad dressing with it and mixed some homemade soup instead of putting it in the food processor (which I also love). It's going to be a real handy gadget to have!

**********

September's Follower of the Month will be featured tomorrow! (September already!)

Be sure to come by and check out the interview!

**********

Let me know if you want me to feature your blog button on my sidebar!

**********

Friday Funny:

13 comments:

Jasmine said...

You seem so much brighter today. I love that big smile you are wearing at the wedding. It suits you :)

Anonymous said...

Ter you look awesome! I LOVE that dress!!!


And yes, I have moments where I look at a picture of myself and say "ah! I look just like my Mom!" weird....

Hope you can recover from all your traveling. Lol at Emma trying to escape...

AnnaBelle said...

Awww, you look so pretty in your dress! (It looks better on you than on the hanger)

amber said...

I love you in that dress!! You look fabulous!!

Ter said...

Jasmine that was my fake smile, I'm really good at faking smiles - lots of practice!

Unknown said...

You look great in that dress!! I made it bigger and you still look GREAT!!!

Kristina P. said...

I think you look lovely in the dress!

Karen said...

Ter, you look just beautiful! Your dog's antics made me smile. We are dog people, too. Ours is an Old English pup (our second). He's been such a blessing for all of us - especially my oldest boy and my daughter - since our baby boy was stillborn.

Ali said...

Ter, you look great, that is such a pretty color on you! And Emma is so cute, that is too funny!

Jaime said...

Dress is an awesome color on you and the scarf is the perfect accent!

Jenners said...

Well, that is a full week. Thank goodness for Emma, I must say. Can't wait to hear about this stamping job. And I love the bright color!!

~~Mel~~ said...

I think you look great in that dress! I love the colour on you.

I can't wait to hear all about the project you are doing.

Sarah Coggins said...

Ter, you look beautiful! The cat nap pic cracked me up - little Chester (who looks almost identical to that tabby) naps with his face down like that sometimes. I've even tiptoed up to make sure was breathing. Crazy guy. LOL Oh and I hope you like those punches - the scalloped one is one of my favs. :)