This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Sunday, May 10, 2009

i ♥ faces: Laughter



This week on i faces, the theme is laughter.

After my husband passed away, I was looking through some photos to find for a slide show to play at his funeral. I came across a series of about 6 photos that I took of him one day in 2007. I had totally forgotten about these photos and they are now amongst my favorite.

My husband had been sitting on the patio and when he noticed me aiming the camera at him he broke out into a laugh. My husband had one of those kind of laughs that you just couldn't help but laugh along with him. He used to fake laugh to get me laughing (which in turn would make me choke [I always choke when I laugh, I don't know why!] and then he would say "you're allergic to fun!") but in these photos, he's showing his true self, the guy I love, the guy I miss.



Oh, how I can't wait to see this face again!

To see more faces, click here.

30 comments:

Skeller said...

oh dear. I imagine today was quite a bittersweet day for you. May God abundantly bless you this week and allow you to sense his very loving presence.

Such a beautiful, natural, candid, happy photo of your husband.

Kath said...

1 was just reading your blog and 15min later i saw that you left a comment on mine. =) My heart goes out to you... indeed that is a wonderful candid picture of Bear.

April said...

What a great picture...one, I'm sure, you'll always treasure!

christina grandstaff said...

Exactly why I take so many photos. To capture those life moments. Beautiful and I can't wait to read more about your family.

Rebekah said...

That is a great picture of Bear to keep and treasure!!

the monkeys' mama said...

I am so happy you have this great photo to remember. I hope it brings you a smile every time you look at it!

Mum-me said...

I just found your blog through the i♥faces linky. That's a lovely, laughing photo of your late husband. You have lived through my greatest fear. I pray God will bless you richly as you continue on your path towards seeing your family again.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Very sweet picture, thanks for sharing something so personal.

xox

amber said...

That is a great picture of him.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful, special photo... Hugs...

Kristina P. said...

What a great, happy picture!

tiarastantrums said...

lovely memory!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to honor his memory and the things you love about him!

Great choice!

~Christina

Vickie said...

Great picture of Bear. Thank you very sharing the memory with us:)

Emily said...

I'm so glad you got to capture this moment and remember him in this way. Thanks for sharing. I know it wasn't easy. Blessings.

Mrs. Bird said...

It's been awhile since I visited. Awesome picture of your Bear! Happy belated Mother's Day!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I'm so glad you have this wonderfully fun photo to remember him by. It was a beautiful moment captured.

~Angie
co-founder of iHeartFaces

Unknown said...

He looks totally happy there! I can see why you miss him so much! And it looks like you brought him much joy!

Sara Elizabeth said...

First and foremost, I am sorry for your loss. Secondly, the photo is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

You will see his face again. And I am so sorry he isn't here with you right now. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog xxx

Melissa Butler said...

Beautiful capture ~ thank you for sharing.

Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing such a warm memory!

Julie Rivera said...

What a treasure that series of pictures is for you! And I can understand why you yearn to see his smile again...it does look infectious!

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile and then brought a tear to my eyes.

(((hugs)))

Jen H said...

So glad you have this and other lovely photos of your hubby. Thanks for your comment on my photo
Hugs
Jen H

Mrs. McFadden said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. this is a wonderful photo!

Caitlin said...

Oh- I LOVE this picture! Such joy in his face. What a happy life he lead, Ter! And he had so much love for YOU radiating in the laughing face.

Drew said...

So neat. I hope this photo stirred up memories of the happy times. This is a beautiful tribute to a wonderful man.

Ali said...

What a wonderful photo, truly to be cherished! Thank you for sharing, what a great memory!

Joc(e) said...

Definitely a great photo. He reminds me there of Stan Laurel (of Laurel and Hardy fame)...I always thought Laurel was hilarious!a