This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Magical Cowboy

Once upon a time, there was a magical cowboy. He was a very small cowboy complete with a lasso. One day, there was a huge natural disaster. This disaster was called "Hands of Adult Humans" which threatened to throw the cowboy in the garbage.

Along with many other items, and possibly, other not-so-magical cowboys, the poor cowboy was thrown into a trailer heading towards the city dump. Somehow, the magical cowboy managed to jump out and save himself!!

Much later, the trailer came back empty. The magical cowboy climbed up the trailer and propped himself on the ledge where Human Boy will find him, and once again believe in magic and, especially, magical cowboys.


(In reality the magical cowboy is a little toy belonging to the little boy next door that I found on ground next to my car, and propped it up where they might see it. Some time later, I heard my dog barking and went to see what she was barking at. It was my neighbors coming home. Upon seeing me, the boy excitedly told me about his cowboy and how he didn't want to go into the garbage. And so, I wrote this post in honor of this little boy so that someday he will grow up and still believe in magic. Because what is magic, really, but an illusion that creates hope, even if the illusion is created by your neighbor.)

13 comments:

Monica said...

How wonderful! That was so sweet :)

Sandy said...

That is beautiful:0)

Oonie said...

Magic is no illusion. How does it feel to be a part of it?

April said...

Awww...I love that story! What you did earns big Brownie points in my book!

Joc(e) said...

That is just the cutest thing!! I can just imagine the thrill in that little boy's heart when he saw his beloved cowboy again! :-) Can I repost this either on my blog or on Facebook, please?? You can tell me on YM if you want :-D Thanks for sharing this story, it made my day! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!! I love that story so much.

A Friendly Reader Only said...

This toy will be a special treasure for this boy for years to come. How wonderful to be the big part of someones future!!
Love the Friday Funny video made me laugh!! :}

Sarah Coggins said...

How sweet! I bet you made that little boy's day. :)

crystal wolf said...

Awww that is so cool! Toy Story 3!

Thanks so much for the sweet offer of help on my blog. :) Just knowing that you have the same struggles only more permanent makes me feel ashamed for even whining.

xoxoxo Crystal

Leslie said...

What a sweet neighbor you are!

Sweet story.

I believe...

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Ter! I love it!

Dana Lucas said...

What a beautiful experience for that boy! And YOU made it happen!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Ter,

I am so glad you visited my blog today and let me know where you are. I lost track of you when I didn't have a blog and deleted all my favorites. I love this story and your heart in it. It is so easy to make a child feel the magic of life isn't it? Thank you so much for contacting me. I have been wondering how you have been doing. I'll be back:)

Love and Hugs, Laurie