This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Family Photo



This photo was taken one week before we officially moved into our house, two weeks before my daughter died. We had taken over a few boxes and my husband mowed the lawn, which is why he is so sweaty in this photo. I am about 24 weeks pregnant here, even though you can't really tell.

You can see why we bought this house, with the park in the background. The water is all rainwater from the storms. There is a little creek there but it's usually dried up. Beyond that space is a ranch, and we can see the horses from our back yard. I'm pretty sure that our daughter chose this place, even though the house itself isn't much to look at.

If we had still been living in the apartment when she died, I truly don't think I would have ever left that apartment. Being in the house allowed me the opportunity to go outside without going anywhere, and I spent many evenings out looking at the sunset and taking photos. I haven't been doing that so much since we got Emma and since I started to notice the mosquitoes again. The first year, I was too numb to notice, I think. Or I didn't care.

While it's not a great photo, it's certainly one of my most prized possessions. I'm grateful to have it.

9 comments:

Joc(e) said...

(((BIG HUGS))) I love the view from your back yard. While I'm sad that the happiness you felt when that pic was taken would not last long, I am likewise glad you have it...it's a beautiful photo.

Denise said...

You look very happy in this picture. Your backyard and view is beautiful. I know that the next little while is going to be hard on you. Sending you ((BIG HUGS)).

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great picture

Sarah Coggins said...

What a wonderful photo to have! So glad you shared it. ((HUGS)) You have a gorgeous view back there. :)

Jo said...

Great picture Ter :) I love your backyard and wish I had one like it! My backyard view is my neighbors' houses. *sigh*

Big Hugs! Hope the upcoming days are gentle for you.

Shea said...

I love the view! (((HUGS)))

Totallyscrappy said...

Isn't it amazing how special photos are to us? Each picture carries with it a story. Thank you for sharing it!!

Quinn said...

I love it.

Anonymous said...

I love that pic, Ter! I am so glad you have it--bittersweet as it is.

I've seen photos of your backyard and the ranch before. I just love it! My dogs, Jake and Lucy, would have begged to take a romp in that huge water puddle! What a great space to have to just look at--or more!

{{{{{{{{Tyla}}}}}}}}}