This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Quick Update

My husband's surgery went well as expected. He had to stay over night but he is home now and doing alright considering. He has a drainage tube in his chest which will be removed in a week or so and obviously he is stiff and sore but he is not doing too bad otherwise.

They took away some muscle and so his chest has a bit of a sinking look to it. A big change from the huge lump he had there before.

He definately will have radiation, but we don't know when that will occur yet. All we really know at this point is that the doctor recommended that he stay off work for at least 6 weeks. Since he has a week holiday in there somewhere, it will be about 7 weeks then. Knowing him, he will go stircrazy. I have known him for 13 yrs and he never so much as took a single sick day until this. The only other time off he had besides holidays was the 2 weeks after our daughter died in 2005 and that was mostly to take care of me since besides being an emotional wreck, I was also physically unable to do much.

Anyway, thought I would update and also say thank you to all of you who have been sending well-wishes.

(p.s. how come I can't use the spell check on here anymore??)


Blake and Lilly's Momma said...

We will keep you and B in our prayers.

Peace and Love

Sarah C. said...

Keeping you two in my prayers. Glad you DH is home and the surgery went well.

crystal wolf said...

Hmmm, lets try this again, I guess the comment I posted yesterday didn't take.

I am glad your hubby's surgery came out well. I hope he doesn't drive you crazy while he's stuck at home. I had that pleasure last year when DH was stuck at home for 30 days after back surgery.


Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going well. I will continue to pray for him!

Spell check hasn't been working for me either!

DanaDew said...


I'm so grateful for your blog about Bryan. I can't help but wonder if you have anymore news/updates regarding his recovery, prognosis, and treatment plan.

Also, I'm wondering how the two of you are doing emotionally. This must be overwhelming at times. I hope Emma is able to keep Bryan from going stir crazy in the coming weeks. I hope you don't wear yourself out to much with work and taking care of your husband.

Please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers!


Dianne said...

Wanted to reply to you because we havent chatted in a while... My husband had cancer too- his wasnt rare, it was Hodgkins... what did your husband have? Hopefully they did get it all. Have him take it easy and keep up with doc appointments and I bet he will be back to normal in no time! When my husband was out during all his chemo- he started playing online poker and now he wins some nice extra cash :)
I will have to read up some and see how you have been doing.
Been thinking about you and glad you posted on myspace.