Today, I am starting a new feature on my blog: Etsy Shop Spotlight. This feature will spotlight an Etsy Shop whose products I believe are worthy of promoting.
Perhaps Etsy Shop Spotlight will become a regular feature on my blog. If you are an Etsy Shop Owner and would like me to promote your shop and/or products, please email me!
Etsy Shop Spotlight:
1. What is your name?
2. What is the name of your shop? When did it open?
It’s called Creative G’s Boutique and I opened it last November.
3. Tell us a little about the product(s) you sell on your shop?
I have invitations, Mommy Calling Cards, Etsy Store designs and more. It’s really a sampling of what I can do...I can accommodate custom design orders. The key to my store though is that I don’t print anything. I prepare the graphic file and the buyer can use it to print at home, send to printer or use it for email/blogs.
Here are a few of my designs (click images for product details):
4. Is there a bit of history behind your product(s)? When did you start making your product? What was your inspiration?
I actually started it as a way to brush up on my graphic design skills. I had used those skills in college but then never used them again. So I wanted to teach myself again and at the same time, I had friends and family that wanted me to design invitations for them. So I decided to post a few of those online as well as some other graphic design items (Etsy store banners, mommy calling cards, etc). I do a lot of custom invitation designs via friends and family.
5. Would you recommend Etsy to other sellers? What are the pros/cons?
Etsy is great because of the wonderful selection of products from very talented artists. You can find anything you want and you know that the items are truly unique and not commercial or retail in any way.
6. Have you got a memorable experience as an Etsy seller and/or buyer that you would like to share?
Haven’t sold anything yet purely b/c I don’t spend as much time as I should promoting my store. That is my goal for this year!
Sarah G. has offered a free custom design for the first With An Angel On My Shoulder reader to "visit my store and heart me :)" She will be tracking this on her shop once this post is published. So, head on over to Creative G's Boutique and check out all her wonderful graphics!
Thank you, Sarah G., for partaking in this Etsy Shop Spotlight!
- I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...