This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Book Review: For One More Day - Mitch Albom

For One More Day - Mitch Albom.

What would you do if you could spend one more day with a lost loved one?

Charley Benetto is about to find out.

Eight years after her death, Charley is surprised to find his mother still at his childhood home. As their conversation progresses, he soon realizes he is in the place between Heaven and Earth, and he has the chance to make things right with his mother.

While I did find this book to be a good read, I must admit I was not as enthralled by it as I was reading Albom's "The Five People You Meet In Heaven". The storyline, while good, was not unique. It did not match up to my expectations after reading the aforementioned book.

Also, I had some interruptions in reading this book, which my have compromised my opinion. I did, however, have many thoughts of what would I do if I had the chance to spend one more day. Oh, if only.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I haven't read any of his books, but I have heard people rave about them.

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs)))

Anjeny said...

I've never heard of this book. Sounds like something I could check out. Thanks.

Vickie said...

I haven't read his books, but his first one I hear was good.

I think a lot of people would love that chance too {{Hugs}}