This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Etsy -a-holic

Ok, I have been drooling over stuff on Etsy.com ever since I first heard about it.

Today, I made my first purchase. And my second.

The fact that I allowed myself the permission to buy something that I want, and do not need, may be asking for trouble!

Because, you see, I hate spending money. It scares me.

And so, for a while, I will freak out about making these purchases.

Until they arrive in my mailbox, and I'll be so happy, I'll buy more.

Yes.... an Etsy Monster has been created!!

Dare I even try Ebay?

8 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love those etsy stores and have been a huge fan of ebay for years. Just shop around a bit before buying and you can find some fabulous deals!!!

Retail therapy is great, as long as you stay in control and use moderation!

Jo said...

Haha!!! I just made my first etsy purchase too :) But not my second. Haven't found a second thing to buy yet... but I did buy FIVE of the first thing, so does that count??

Hooray for Christmas shopping :) Now if I can wait that long to give the ppl the gifts :)

*Just Jen* said...

I am an Ebay-a-holic! I buy and sell all the time! I have purposely not even checked out Etsy because I see everyone write about it and how much they love it and I'm already scared! LOL So, what did you buy?

Anonymous said...

I'm so into ppl's etsy shops. They are all so creative. I haven't allowed myself to buy something yet...oh dear...that could create a monster in me too!

crystal wolf said...

I think Etsy is better because you don't have to bid! I hate it when I lose a bid, so much that I quit using Ebay out of frustration. I imagine it will be different now that I'm in a closer time zone, the auctions always used to close while I was asleep in Germany so I never had a chance. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Anonymous said...

I love Etsy! I have an etsy wish list. I haven't let myself buy anything. That would be trouble!!

Supercool Hotmama said...

I can't afford to buy anything, so I just shop for ideas and then make my own! But I can understand your addiction! I go window shop for ideas almost every night!

Sarah said...

uh oh terri...have i given you a bad habit now?!?!

ebay, ebay, ebay, ebay!!!!!