This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Thursday, January 29, 2009

*updated* Broker Than Broke, But I Won't Loose Any Sleep Over It....

... at least not after next week...

We have been talking about getting a new mattress for our bed, but debated about whether to wait until we renovated the bedroom. (which we weren't planning to do until after the living room and the kitchen had been done!)

Well, after 3 days straight of waking up with tremendous back pain, I decided enough was enough and I went to order a new mattress today. It just so happens the store was having a sale! Great timing! So I got a better quality mattress for a lower price.... I just have to wait til next week to get it because they didn't have any left in stock.

And I bought this:


It's a storage ottoman/coffee table. Each of the 4 sections flip over to be either a cushion or a tray. I debated about this because of my traditional style but in the end I was won over by the fact that this is much needed storage and that I can sit on my couch the way it is intended to be sat on, and still have my feet up while I'm on the laptop.

And best of all.... it was on sale.

And then they knocked off even more because we (my friend and I) left the store to compare the price at another nearby store and came back. In the end, I paid close to the original sale price thanks to all the lovely taxes (note the sarcasm!), but still I think it was worth it to get me closer to getting this living room done as I promised my husband I would finish.

I may be going for broke, but I won't loose any sleep over these purchases. No, Siree Bob, I won't. In fact, I will gain more luxurious slumber! I can hardly wait!

*update* The ottoman will be delivered tomorrow! So excited!!

13 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

I'm so happy to hear you decided to get the new mattress!! You definitely deserve a very good night's sleep. And love the ottoman/coffee table. Looks great and such a wonderful use of space. :)

Jo said...

Oh yay! I hope the new mattress helps your back!!

And I'm glad you got the ottoman thingy (what's it called technically? LOL). I like this one better than the other one you were looking at! I think it'll help your back to sit with your feet up that way too :)

The surprise that I have in the works for you.... might just fit in there too :) Although... hmm... I won't say anything more.

Tina said...

Im jealous I need a new mattress so bad...

Supercool Hotmama said...

Good for you! Especially if it will give you some good rest.

Allison said...

I am so coming over to be the second person (third entity) to nap in your new bed. It was so comfy to lie on in the store...

I'm excited to sit on your new ottoman too, and see how much nicer and newer it is than mine...

Anonymous said...

Yay new bed!!!


That ottoman looks awesome!

Teri said...

I love the coffee table/ottoman! Happy sleeping on your new mattress!! :)

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

I haven't been around in quite some time--I'm so sorry for that because I just read about your husband. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I wish I could give you a great big hug right now!!!

Kristina P. said...

Ter, thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I am so glad it made you laugh. Because I was reading your dear Bear's cancer blog, and literally bawling!! I am so sorry for both your losses. He and your sweet daughter were lucky to have you in your life.

I am adding you to my Reader, if that's OK. And congrats on the mattress!

Shea said...

Ter I love that ottoman! I think it's good you did something for you. Who cares if you are broke!LOL!

Dana Lucas said...

This is GREAT news! A good and comfortable night's sleep is so important! And the ottoman you chose is wonderful! It is really great looking and, in addition, it offers lots of room for storage! It looks like a nice "entertaining piece" too!

Way to go, Ter!

crystal wolf said...

I love that ottoman!! It is pretty and functional.

Joc(e) said...

I really love the ottoman also. That would be something I'd want for my home if it fit! Someday when I come and visit you I will be happy to sit on it...haha.

Here's to many great nights of sleep on your new mattress too!!