This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Another Update (Updated again!)

Surgery went well. I have not seen him yet today, but when I saw him yesterday, he was fully awake and with exception of normal post-surgery pain, he was doing alright. Strength in his arms improved alot just from having the mass removed. There may be some permanent damage though.

The mass was actually higher up the back than I thought. It was not actually on the spine as I mentioned before, but instead it was pressing against the spine, and that was causing the pain in his shoulders and back. The surgeon believes that the mass was indeed cancer. I assume they have sent it for further testing, and I think this time he will get chemo and / or radiation, which he did not get last time because his tests came back cancer free.

You have to understand this is very strange for me. I am used to being the one in the hospital bed or going to the doctors. I have known my husband since my 18th birthday and with exception of an occasional cold, I have not known him to be sick. This is his 3rd surgery this year!

I am going to head over to the hospital in an hour or so. I would go spend the whole day there but I had to do some things around here, and I did not want to leave Emma in the kennel all day and evening. I wish he was at a closer hospital, so I could go back and forth. As it is, it's a half hour drive to get there through lots of traffic and construction zones. Maybe it won't be too bad today being a Saturday.

I will keep posting updates... Thanks again everyone for your prayers and well wishes.


I just got home from being with B for the last few hours. He is feeling more pain today as they are not administrating pain killers on a regular basis anymore. They took off the leg massagers but today he had a harness to keep his back straight. They want him to learn to sit up again so for an hour we gradually put the bed in a sitting position, little bit by little bit. Then they came in to help hm stand up. It took him a good 10 minutes to stand up but once he was up, he was able to walk fine, although not without pain. He will be in the hospital for at least a week, if not more. The doctor came in before I got there and told B that the pathology results show that it was definitely another bought of the same cancer as before. He will likely start chemo and / or radiation shortly. Also physio therapy for the strength he loss. This cancer being so close to the spine causes alot of damage in a short period of time and quite frankly he should not have been able to walk when we arrived there. That's how bad it was.

I think I will keep updating on this particular blog entry so I don't keep starting new blogs. I will put a link to this on the sidebar so anytime you want an update, just click there and it should lead you to all posts about this.


Jo said...

Thinking of you Ter and Bryan. Still praying that there won't be much permanent damage and that tests will show no cancer (and be the CORRECT test results! How scary is that??)

I wish I lived closer so I could come and give you hugs IRL!!!!

BIG HUGS!!! (Gentle ones for B).

Jen Sue Wild said...

As I am reading your post my heart is just sinking for you. I am so sorry that you all are going trew.
I am a praying kinda girl and You and B are in my thoughts and prayers.

I wish I could be there to help you out and suport you trew this time .
Hugs Jenn

Jo said...

Ter... glad to hear that B is able to be up and moving. THat must be a relief for him. Sorry about his pain and muscle loss. Hopefully both of those will be taken care of soon :)

You will both be in my prayers daily :)


Sarah C. said...

I've been thinking about you all weekend. Glad to see an update. How fortunate the doctors caught this before it did more damage. Will be praying for you both! ((HUGS))

crystal wolf said...

I'm sorry I missed this before, I will pray for a speedy recovery. {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you two all weekend. I pray for a speedy recovery.

Colleen said...

Hey Terri, sorry to hear about what has gone on with Brian. Hope he feels better real soon!

Momma bear said...

I am so sorry it's been awhile since I was on. I will be praying for you guys.

I hope everything is going better for you!!!!!