This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Day My Dreams Came True

Three years ago today, my dream officially came true. After a few weeks of debating whether I really could be or not, I finally took a home pregnancy test. It came back POSITIVE. Oh, the joy, I tell you, I was so excited! I screamed and I cried, and I smiled so much that my face hurt. I thanked the Lord and I finally knew why I was here on Earth. To be a MOM.

My husband was at work, so, I anxiously awaited for him to come home. When he came in the door, I presented him with a box wrapped in yellow tissue paper. Inside that box was the pregnancy test and a note that said "Hi Daddy! I love you! Love, Babybear" He looked at it, and upon realization of it's meaning, he broke out into the biggest smile I ever saw, and I managed to capture it on film.

Two and a half months later, at 26 weeks gestation, our dream was taken away from us.

But today, I am going to focus on what was the happiest day of my life. The day I found out I was going to be somebody's mommy. I will never forget that day. I will never forget how wonderful it felt to be so happy, to love so much.

I love you, Babybear.

10 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Ter, ((HUGS)) I hope you do smile today remembering that very happy moment. I'm sure your sweet Babybear feels your love and is smiling down on you from Heaven.

Jo said...

OH geez Ter! I started to cry the moment I started to read this post because I knew how it was going to end :( I hate knowing the ending.

Congratulations on this step in your journey.. the step to remember the GOOD about Tyla's memory :) I hope I make it to the same point.

I am so happy for you for being able to focus on the happiness of today.

And you do know you are still a mommy, right??

** hugs **
Jo

Colleen said...

I love that you have honoured your day of such happiness. It is wonderful to remember those feelings and hold tight to them!

Wishing you a happy 3 year anniversary to the happiest day of your life!!

**hugs**

Jen Sue Wild said...

I an so glad this day is a happy memorie for you.
Hugs... On the day you found out that you are a MOM.
I know Tyla is smileing down on you.

Joc(e) said...

I am so proud of you, Ter. It's hard for us angel moms to remember the joy we felt the day we found out we were pregnant...but it WAS joyous and even though our children are not here, they blessed us with the time they did spend with us. Thinking of you and sweet Babybear! (((HUGS)))

Quinn said...

I am glad you have some happy memories of Babybear.

(((HUGS)))

Jo said...

How come YOU don't have ratings? I didn't change anything... what the heck??

** hugs **
Jo

Dawn said...

Of course you should remember the happiest day of your life. You will always have that memory. You are a mom and you should celebrate that. Even though your baby is not here with you, she is a very lucky baby to have you as her mom.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((Ter))))))))))

Congratulations, you ARE a Mommy!

Laura said...

I just read your daughter's story and am my heart aches. Though our stories are different, there are always similarities I think between bereaved moms. I am also so very sorry about your husband. Just stumpled across your blog. Thank you for sharing your story.
Hugs-
Laura D.