This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Friday, April 25, 2008

Kitchen Blunders

Tiffany at Snapshots of Life asks "What is the biggest kitchen blunder you have committed?" on her blog. I thought I would share my response to her question here.

***************

When I was in my early/mid teens, my mom would call me from work and ask me to get the chicken ready for supper. She would always say "don't forget the bleach!"

One day, when mom asked me to get the chicken ready, I moaned at her that it was too much work and the bleach smelled and I hated washing the chicken with it.

Yes, you heard me right...I was washing the chicken with bleach.

It's a miracle no one died!

****************

4 comments:

Blake and Lilly's Momma said...

OH. MY. GOSH!

You are lucky nobody died! Apparently it didn't affect the taste of the chicken! LOLOL!!!

Hope you don't STILL do that?? Hee hee...JK!

Jo

Tiffany said...

That was so funny! I cracked up when I read that. It really is amazing no one got sick!

www.myspace.com/rowrowsmom said...

Yikes! I suppose cooking it burned off the bleach...but, still!

Kimberlee said...

ROTFL