This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year ! (and a request)

I can hardly believe it is the year 2008. I would like to wish each and every one of you a safe, healthy, and happy new year! May only good things happen to you this year and always.

A new year does not excite me as it once did. As a bereaved parent, getting through each day is an achievement and to mark by years is a little bit overwhelming at times, especially when I now mark my year from July to July.

We did not do much for new years eve this year. My mother in law is here for a few days and so the three of us ate alot of food and played Skip-Bo for a while and then watched Die Hard 3 on tv. I fell asleep and my husband woke me up just before midnight to wish me a Happy New Year. Today, we played some more Skip-Bo and ate lots more too. We also started taking down some of the Christmas ornaments for another year.

Tomorrow, my husband is having surgery and while it is considered minor, I am still requesting good thoughts that everything will be OK. So, if you can, please send us good vibes and hope for the best!

Many thanks in advance. Will post again soon!

8 comments:

Quinn said...

no surgery is minor when it is you or a loved one having the surgery. I will be thinking of you and your husband.

Happy New Year.

crystal wolf said...

Am sending good thoughts and vibes for your hubby. I hope everything goes really well.

Happy New Year!!

courtcourt said...

I was beginning to wonder if this new phenomenon of not really feeling like it's a "new year", until the anniversary of Chloe's death (in March), was just me being weird. It will be weird to not count it in months anymore. I also found it strange that I was not as excited as I usually am for New Year's, so I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

Will be sending good vibes for your hubby's surgery. Make sure to update when he's out! :)

Anonymous said...

i love skip bo. I haven't played it in forever. I hope the surgery goes well and he has a speedy recovery!!

Dawn said...

I'm sending good thoughts out for your husband. I hope the surgery goes perfect.

I wish I could tell you that things will get easier after the loss of a child, but I have no idea if they will. All I can say is just keep moving forward one day at a time.

I hope you have a great year this year.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Good thoughts and postive vibes coming your DH's way..
Keep us uptodate as to how every thing goes..

Sarah Coggins said...

Prayers for your husband and the medical professionals caring for him. ((HUGS))

Jo said...

Hey Ter... Been thinking of you today...email me and let me know how B is doing.

I totally understand your "New New Year". I didn't even care that we were driving in a snow storm when midnight hit. Oh well.

I spent a great deal of the weekend playing the, "I wonder if she..." game. I know you know.

I am sorry for every Mommy, Daddy, brother, sister or any other family member who has to live day to day without someone who *should* be there.

** hugs **
Jo