This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Thursday, November 1, 2007

30-Day Organizational Challenge


(click the above banner for more details,
to see what others are organizing,
and to join in the challenge!)

I have decided to take part in this Organizational Challenge. I had a hard time deciding which room I should work on. My Office, Babybear's Room (which is mostly storage and craft room), or the Basement. I think my office needs the most organization but by working on the basement I will (hopefully) be getting rid of alot of things therefore creating space for more storage in the basement which in turn will help organize the rest of the house. Unfortunately, our house lacks proper storage space and so we have to come up with a few solutions. Some of the things we have attempted to do so far just have not worked.

I can not guarantee that I will actually organize the basement as much as I will hopefully purge the basement. I do plan to buy some more containers (my husband will have a heart attack!) and try and sort some things that are being stored down there currently but do not have a proper spot.

Anyway, I'll post photos this weekend, as it's late tonight.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Allison said...

I might do this in the spring. I'm not sure if I'd have the time or energy to do it right now, but if I did it would be my spare room!

You should look into some shelving too for your basement. You can get some cheaper stuff at Jysk, or some good stuff if you watch sales at Canadian Tire. That will help with organization.

When you are thinking "proper storage space" in your house, what do you mean by that?

We have a crawl space, but that's not truly meant to be storage, as it's behind the furnace and hot water tank, and the sump pump is there. That's not a good place to store stuff of value. If the hot water tank goes, we're screwed.

Other than that we have no "true" storage space either. I think you have to reframe your thinking and create some! Closets are meant to hold things you use, not be stuffed with items you can't bear to part with, but never look at.

So, find a way to put all your stuff in the basement, that makes you happy! Containers are a good start. I can't wait to see your pictures.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Good luck girlie Cant wait to see what you do...

Anonymous said...

good luck with the challenge!

Joc(e) said...

I'll take your washing machine! LOL...

You do have a lot of stuff but I'm sure you can get it off your hands. Too bad you don't live here, there was a neighborhood garage sale this morning.

Unknown said...

Good luck with the challenge! You can do it!

Dawn said...

Good luck on your basement. It will be nice to get it organized.