This Blog Has Moved!

I moved my blog on New Years Day, 2010. If you haven't come to see my new blog, head on over HERE now. This blog will be available for archive reading but I won't be posting here anymore. I hope you'll join me at my new bloggy home!

p.s. I am slowly but surely moving all the blogs I follow over to the new blog, so if I haven't come to visit you for a while, my advice is to leave a comment on my new blog, so I don't miss you in the shuffle!

About Me

My photo
I am a bereaved mother and wife. I began this blog to help me look for the "good things" in life after my daughter, "Babybear", died in July 2005. Three years later, her daddy, my husband, "Bear", died in November 2008. (You'll find a link to their stories on my blog) And now, as difficult as it is, I continue to look for the good things in my life as I learn my new normal with my pup, "Furrybear", at my side. And the angels on my shoulder...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Little Space Doggy

This has been an eventful week for Emma. On Tuesday, she had her 3rd obedience class. Again, she did well at all the exercises that the trainer was teaching us. Last class, the trainer told us to bring hotdogs or something instead of the treats we had because Emma gets very distracted by the other dogs... she wants to play, play, play! It did work better this week with the hotdogs. Not as much distraction from the other dogs.

One part of each class is "play time". During playtime we allow the dogs to get close to each other and sniff and play... and when the trainer tells us to, we call our dog and if they come, they get a reward. The funny thing is that Emma is the only dog that really wants to play. The rest of the dogs are just sniffing around to see if anyone dropped a treat!

Today, Emma was spayed. We took her in last night and boy was it hard for me to leave her. She cried so loudly and it broke my heart. When we came to pick her up today, she was very groggy, but she definitely had this "get me outta here!" look and pulled us all the way to our car. We had to put a cone on her to keep her from licking her wound (hence the title of this blog!) She seems to be doing OK other than the drugged look.

here's a pic:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ter... poor Emma :( She does look pretty drugged up there!!

Give her lots of love... tomorrow she'll probably be chewing your hands off again :)

Jo

Jen Sue Wild said...

Poor Emma....
She is so stinken cute Teri. I just hope she is better soon.
Hugs to both of you.

Quinn said...

ah, poor pup

Cute about obedience class

Anonymous said...

Ter... I sign as anonymous because I am too lazy to fill in all the fields required for signing on as a google member.

LOL :)

ps.. I beat you to blogging again today!

Jo